We are in the process of turning Meg's room into a "big girl room". She has new furniture arriving on Tuesday and today the room is being painted pink - mostly "bright hot pink" as Megan requested.
We were almost finished clearing out her room ealier today as I took a print off the wall. I had chosen it when we were 1st pregnant with Megan and it has always meant a lot to me. It became the theme for her room and I even bought a comforter set that was of the same theme.
Today, I realized that it's baby colors andt heme no longer go with her more grown up room.
Megan asked me to read the words of the print to her. As I did, tears ran down my face, remembering the miracle that our Megan is (well that both of our girls are) and how long we waited for her and all the dreams I still have for her. I love that over 6 yrs later it still means a lot to me. Now to find a special place to keep it!
Here's what it says-
Little One
It is the morning of your life
and all your dreams are just begining.
May you touch fireflies and stars,
dance with fairies, and talk to the man
in the moon. May you grow up with love
and gracious hearts and people who care.
Welcome to the world, little one,
it's been waiting for you.
-Flavia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a lovely poem! I can see why that print means so much to you - so many hopes and dreams for your children. I would love to see photos of the "big girl room" when it's all done.
If you know someone who cross stitches, that would be a nice thing to have done, in the colors and maybe print of the nursery, then it can be framed. So its a bit of the old into the new.
make sense?
~Jennifer
http://followingmycatracho.blogspot.com
No fool are you! Just a loving, grateful mom. And you're not the only one who read it through tears! :)
btw, the bright pink on this page is about the color of her room!
That's very special, Gin! Thanks for sharing it with all of us. I definitely read it through teary eyes.
Post a Comment