I think my girls may have found a bedtime delay tactic that I'm not sure I know what to do with.
We do bedtime prayers each night. Megan will thank God for each stuffed animal in her room one at a time (if you've been in her room you know that could take forever), then she'll thank him for every person and animal she can think of- one at a time. I'm glad she's thankful and wants to talk to God, but bedtime takes forever that way!
Last night I was putting Kellie to bed and we did prayers. I said "Amen" told Kel it was time to go to bed and started to get up to put her in her crib. She shook her head "no" and folded her hands like she does while we pray and bowed her head. As if she was saying "I can't go to bed yet, I've got more praying to do". Obediently, I sat back down in the chair with her. She sat with folded hands and bowed head for a moment or two, then pointed to her crib. As if to say "OK, I'm done, now I can go to bed"
Is it wrong to say "no more praying, go to bed"?? That just sounds wrong! Ah, my girls, such interesting ones!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment