Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Camping trip #2- Gettysburg Fri and Saturday


Friday night Kevin, Megan, Kellie, and Emmett and the camper headed to Gettysburg for the weekend. I had to work on Saturday, so I drove up after work.
Kevin managed to get the camper into a not so easy spot in the dark (thanks to a little help from the campground folks and to the girls and the dog for being well behaved!).

They spent some of Saturday morning at the playground, then Grandma and Grandpa came to spend the day (and apparently brought the rain). The girls had a great time with G-ma and G-pa even in the rain and close quarters of the camper.

I arrived at dinner time in pouring down rain and it continued to rain all night. Rain is really LOUD in the camper! Plus we had a wooded site, which was surrounded by walnut trees with dropped walnuts every time the wind blew- that was loud too!

We spent the evening catching up and resting. And the sound of the rain lulled us to sleep.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds like fun! I hope you gathered up some walnuts to take home with you. :)