Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Preschool Picking

In the fall Kellie will be old enough to start preschool. I can't believe it and apparently I was in a bit of denial as I didn't start thinking about preschools until almost too late! Registration is in January for most of the schools around here and I didn't start really looking until late December!

Mt Zion, where Megan went won't work schedule wise for us. I loved that school and the people there and was sad about that!

So, I decided to start my search close to home. There are 2 preschools less than 10 minutes from our house. so I started there.

I was seriously considering not sending Kellie to preschool at all and just committing to taking her to activities at the library and such. But when we went to visit the schools Kellie went right in, sat in circle time and then went and played. At both schools I had to work hard to get her to leave! So, it seems she is ready and it's me that's not!

One school was my favorite on paper, but I decided to check out the other school anyway. It ended up being that my favorite on paper was not my favorite in person!And that the one whose pro list wasn't quite as long ended up being the one that my "mommy gut" told me was the one for Kellie. Funny how that happens! I like lists and rational reasons, but this time I had to follow my intuition and my heart.

So, Kellie is now enrolled in preschool. She will go 2 days a week in the mornings. Her class starts 10 minutes after Meg's, but it's only 7 minutes away. And the little sister of one of Megan's classmates is in Kellie's class (we see them on our walk to school every day), so Kellie will at least have a familiar face there!

Now onto potty training and getting her to talk more by September!!!!

3 comments:

Randy and Terry said...

Don't leave us in suspense! You didn't tell us where Kellie will be going. Was that on purpose?

Ginger said...

Terry, it's not a secret! just didn't think anyone would care!
She'll be going to Grace Church Preschool on Montgomery Rd.

Randy and Terry said...

I'm just nosy! :) So glad you found a place you AND Kellie are comfortable with.