Monday, November 17, 2008

20/40 beautiful numbers!

Megan had her every 3 month ophthalmologist appt today. And we got GREAT news!
Her vision with her glasses is 20/40!!!! So much better than the 20/400 of April and 20/100 in June.

In April, her dr said she'd be thrilled if we ever got to 20/40, well let me tell you, we were all thrilled to hear 20/4o only 7 months after starting treatment! Kevin and I cheered, the dr gave Meg a big hug and Kellie clapped. All the drops and patching are paying off (makes it easier to keep at it if we know it's working!)

Thank you God!

So, we continue what we are doing, go back in April and hopefully we have even more improvement. (And 20/40 means she'll be able to drive without restrictions when that day comes all too soon!) Now there is hope for perfect vision with glasses, wonderful (20/20 with glasses means she can be a military pilot- yes I think that far ahead!)

In April, we have to take Kellie for a full exam, as the dr thinks she has a difference in her vision between her eyes as well. But catching it at around 2 yrs old it shouldn't be anywhere near as bad as Meg's was at 5 yrs old.

Anyway, we're all smiles around here.

2 comments:

Julie Donahue said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) (Thought I'd return the favor!)

Great news about your daughter's eyes! I'm currently doing a course on working with children with visual impairments. So much to learn!

Randy and Terry said...

I commented on Facebook about this, but it's too good of news to let it pass here, too! So:

WooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I'm done. :)