Sunday, February 22, 2009

Now she remembers what I said

A little while back we were in the drive thru at McDonalds. Megan said "too bad Kellie is with us or we could go in". Kevin said "What" Megan replied "They don't allow babies in McDonalds." Kevin had this bewildered look on his face.

I was trying to sink down in my seat because I remembered where she got that.

Kellie was really little and Megan wanted to eat in McD's. I didn't want to drag Kel inside. It had been a long day and I was too tired to explain it to Meg so I told a lie- that McD's doesn't allow babies in the restaurant. That was well over a year ago and she remembered it.

I had to apologize to her for not telling the truth and say how wrong I was. And I had endure one of those looks from Kevin that says "I can't believe you did that!"

They remember the stuff you wish they wouldn't...

1 comment:

Randy and Terry said...

OMG, Ginger!! I laughed out loud when I read this post. I even read it to Randy. Isn't it the truth that kids remember the things we don't want them to and NEVER seem to remember the things we do! But, the best part is Kevin's reaction. Obviously he's never been a tired mom! Those of us who have understand completely!