Sunday, February 15, 2009

Things change...

Kevin offered to take me to a nice restaurant for Valentines dinner. I didn't really want to go out nor spend that kind of money on food, nor did we have a babysitter.
Pizza Hut sent out an email with a "sweetheart of a deal" and I suggested that we get pizza. It was a nice family day, no big deal, which is how I like it.

As we were eating our pizza I started to laugh. Things had really changed...

16 years ago on Valentines Day I told Kevin that I wanted to go somewhere nice for dinner or lunch, someplace at least a little fancy. It was a Sunday and we were dressed for church so it would be easy to just go from there. Kevin's friend Brian's girlfriend had told Brian the same thing.

Well, some unattached folks from our Sunday School class decided to go to Pizza Hut. Brian and Kevin decided we would go too. So much for a fancy lunch! I was MAD and let Kevin know about it. So much for those childhood dreams I had of what valentines day would be like once I had a steady boyfriend!

In spite of that Kevin still asked me to marry him that day and I accepted.

I'm getting old and settled, and that's ok! I liked our quiet Valentines day with the girls (after a visit to meet Indi, the new furry valentine in our family). But some days the changes the years have brought are amazing!

1 comment:

Randy and Terry said...

I love this post! It is amazing what is important now, isn't it? A fancy meal, a night out, aren't as important as just being with the person(s) you love. Being content in your life is a wonderful thing!