Megan was talking about kids in her class and she said "I played with Whiney today, and Squishy stuck her tongue out at Olivia."
I said "Megan remember we talked about not calling people mean names" (I figured Whiney was a kid who whines- pretty typical for 5yr old and Squishy was a chubby kid).
"But MOM, that's their names, it really is!!!!" Megan replied "I'm not being mean" as tears rolled down her face at being falsely accused.
"It's Whiney with a www sound, Mom, you aren't saying it right, " she said with an exasperated look on her face "and the girl who sticks her tongue out is Squishy, her mom named her that."
So I went to the teacher's website and we took a look at the class list. Hoping that these children didn't have such names!
Megan was a little off on the pronounciation of the names-
Whiney is apparently a little girl named Riley (Meg's R and L speech issues really came into play there!)
And Squishy is apparently Kushie, a different name, but definately not Squishy!
Gotta work a little harder on speech!
BTW- anybody remember the claymation/cartoon show (probably from the mid 90s) Bump in the Night? It was about this green monster who is the bump in the night. He had a friend whose name was Squishington (Bump called him Squishy for short)- I think he was the blue water out of the toilet? Anyway now everytime I see Kushie I think of Squishington and smile! Here's a link to YouTube so you can see Bump and Squishington- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaQ27Hu8ix0
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That was too funny! In my work I do see a lot of funny names, but glad to hear that "Whiney" isn't the real name!
OMG! Aren't you glad you started a blog now? You'll have this memory forever and can share it with Meg when she's older. I love it!
Post a Comment