Friday, September 26, 2008

My cheeseocarbitarian

I looked it up and no, it's not a real word.

However, it describes my Kellie.

At 15 months this child can put away an entire grilled cheese sandwich (occasionally I am successful at hiding a piece of turkey or ham in said sandwich) for lunch (I can barely get Megan to eat that much at lunch).

She scarfs down mac & cheese (she prefers the box kind but will eat homemade- I have made more boxes of mac&cheese in the past 2 months than I had made in the previous 36 years of my life total!)

She will tackle a muffin or bread or bagel and send it sailing into her tummy.

However, a piece of chicken or beef (even chicken nuggets) sends her to a screeching halt- not gonna eat it- even covered in cheese (yes I've tried!). She's really not crazy about french fries either.

Makes it hard to do dinner on the run- Meg really prefers McD's, Kellie does not- Maybe I can get a cheeseburger happy meal minus the burgerpatty- hmm that's an idea.

She however, does like corn, peas, and green beans and sweet potato.

She now weighs 18 pounds 6 ounces. While that is still barely on the growth charts for 15 months, it's on there. It's good gain from her 16 pounds at one year old. Her pediatrician is happy with that and her momma was glad to hear that.

Apparently her chesseocarbitarianism is paying off.

Oh BTW- those of you who know Dr C- it's now officially fall- he had on long pants with his flip flops. Time to get out the rakes and pick your pumpkins!

I miss his nicely toned tanned legs, though... I found out how he gets those legs- Kevin ran into him (not literally ran into, that wouldn't have been good) while they were both out mountain biking.

2 comments:

Randy and Terry said...

That's a great word, Gin!! We can ascribe that definition to Reagan, too. She loves cheese and carbs! However, she will eat other foods, too. But, she does love her cheese. Glad to hear Kellie is doing so well. Take care!

Anonymous said...

WoW! I just took Violet to her one year check-up and she's weighing in at a robust 26.5 lbs! And she's almost as tall as me! She also has a true appreciation of cheese, like her momma. Violet is still looking forward to a chance at meeting your girls. Nate on vaca, from 12-5 to 12-16, lemme know if you havean opening!