Those of you who know me pretty well know I'm not creative. I need directions for things and am not llikely to change up colors or supplies specified in the directions. My "art" tends to be more realistic and matchy.
Well, apparently this not one of the things Megan got from me! Case in point-
Megan and I went to a pottery painting place recently and of course, painted pottery. We had fun- a great mother/daughter day.
I chose a penguin ornament- I painted him black and white and within the lines. Megan insisted we use the paint that had flecks of other colors in it and that made it slightly less conservative.
Megan chose a cartoonish reindeer to paint. The all important red nose is present on this reindeer. Otherwise, It was one colorful yellow polka dotted reindeer!
It was so hard for me to not make suggestions on which colors to use where. She did ask me to help her paint "Mommy, my arm is tired. Will you paint this part yellow, I want it yellow" and so Mommy did as requested. It was killing me to not "fix" it.
As we walked towards the counter I saw several other moms with that "I can't believe you are painting it like that, but I'm not going to say anything" look! I looked at them with a knowing sympathetic smile.
It turned out cute and is a one of a kind masterpiece . One I will cherish forever.
(When I get the camera battery charged I'll download the pictures and post them in a new post)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so proud of you for not "stifling" Megan's creativity! And I feel your pain 'cause I was exactly like that. I always wanted to "fix" the kids' stuff, too. So, BIG good mommy points for you!
Those paint-your-own pottery places are the best! You did the right thing by letting Meg unleash her creativity. Her masterpiece is wonderful!
Post a Comment