On Saturday we went to Jumbo's Pumpkin Farm and South Mountain Creamery (Michael, Samuel, Luke, Carter, Danielle, Cara, and Natalie joined us- poor Cassie wasn't feeling well so she and Angie stayed home and watched movies!).
It was fun-At Jumbo's they had a hay ride, pumpkin patch, corn maze, pony rides, farm animals. The kids really enjoyed themselves. The guys and the bigger kids went thru the corn maze- to Danielle and I who were chasing Kel and Nat around the patch it seemed to take them a long time, but they
made it out safely. Everyone picked out pumpkins to take home and enjoyed running around.
At the Creamery there were cows, free kittens, fresh ice cream, , another hay ride, other fun stuff, some guys selling chocolate covered espresso beans (something new to add to my list of things I like to eat!).
At the Creamery there were cows, free kittens, fresh ice cream, , another hay ride, other fun stuff, some guys selling chocolate covered espresso beans (something new to add to my list of things I like to eat!).
On Sunday the 4 of us ventured to Whispering Meadows Alpaca Breeders. Alpaca's are such neat animals and they are soft. However, they aren't the friendliest animals- not mean just kinda snobby. They had a hay ride, pony ride, a cool store full of Alpaca fiber items (such soft warm gloves, hats, throws) and of course Megan asked for a bear made of Alpaca fiber- so incredibly soft.
Such family fun this weekend! Check out our photo sharing site to see more, if you want!
3 comments:
Fresh ice cream?! Yum!
What a great family day!
I just love outings like that! One of the local farms here, Merrymead, has a harvest festival every year that I just adore. It's the sort of thing that you never grow out of. I'm glad you and the family had such a good time.
P.S. Those chocolate-covered espresso beans sound really good!
Post a Comment