Kellie had her 18 month checkup yesterday. She weighs 20 pounds 4 ounces and is almost on the growth chart weight wise!! We can turn her carseat forward facing now (but I think we'll leave it backwards until she gets too tall for the seat in that position). She is average height for her age.
The Dr isn't concerned about her lack of speech (I'm not concerned either) especially since she is a pretty good charades player, we know she understands and communicates. Megan didn't talk until late either, and many of you all know she talks a lot now.
Megan is "the Nextel Cup Winner of the Week" at school. They have a race car theme in Kindergarten this year and when a child has worked extra hard and been extra kind they get to be the winner of the week and get a trophy and special privileges that week. Megan has been upset that it has taken her so long to get to be the winner "I try my hardest, Mommy. I work hard and am nice, but I never get the trophy." Poor kid-stressing out already about stuff like that.
Anyway, she was extra excited when she got her trophy on Tuesday (hmm the last 2 days there hasn't been any "I don't want to go to school. Pleeeaaasseee let me stay home" wonder if there's a connection??).
Yesterday, she got to take in 3 things to share with the class.
One thing she took in her talking toy Macaw, Squawkers. Her teacher said Meg was showing the class the things the bird does when you talk to it or push the buttons on the remote (like dance and repeat what you say). Megan said "the boys will like this", pushed the "B" button and Squawkers let out a loud BUUURRRRPPPP and then said "excuse me". The teacher said the whole class laughed and she was still chuckling as she told me about it after school. That funny girl of mine! I think she has a little of her Aunt Danielle in there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Gin.
I didn't know you had a blog until I saw that you posted something on Al's blog. I know you posted comments on my blog, but it never registered that you had a blogger blog, LOL. Yes I know, I am a dork.
So how have you been? I loved reading all of your posts, and am glad that I can keep up with you all while I am here.
Love ya!!
I have a gift for you over on my blog. Come and check it out.
http://followingmycatracho.blogspot.com/2009/01/i-am-fabulous.html
that is hysterical about meg's parrot:):)
Post a Comment