Thief- Yesterday Megan was eating her breakfast (a healthy Strawberry Pop Tart!), and I hear "NO". Kellie had grabbed half of the pop tart out of Meg's hand, ran to the other side of the room, shoving it in her mouth as she ran.
As I peered into the room, Kellie had a huge strawberry crumbly smile and had her hands out palms up as if to say "What? I didn't do anything!". She and I had a chat about how that wasn't nice and I made her hug Megan to say sorry. Megan got to finish her breakfast at the table while Kellie was trapped in the living room. Kellie is one fast kid. She's gonna be the one preschool calls about saying she needs to work on sharing.
Technology- Megan doesn't like Technology (computer) class at school. I asked her why and she replied "They don't let me play Webkinz or other games. That's what computers are for. The other stuff is boring." I tried to explain to her that computers were good for other stuff too (like Facebooking and blogging, then I realized that the other stuff is boring, but didn't share that thought with her).
I told her that since she wants to be a "cooker like Rachael Ray or builder like Norm" she might need to know how to use computers in other ways. She said she needed a stove or a hammer, not a computer. That girl can come up with them! She has an answer for everything!
Tibia (also known as a leg bone)- the other day I looked out into our yard and saw what I thought was one of those cardboard tubes from gift wrap. Emmett used to like to play with them so I figured Meg or Kev had given him one. I wasn't sure, but didn't investigate further.
Kevin saw the same object and decided to get a closer look (he used his binoculars- it's too cold to go outside unless necessary). He discovered it was the leg of a deer, just the bottom skinny portion with fur on it but no real "meat" (don't know if it's called a tibia in deer, but I needed a T word!). EWWWW.
He said it had gnaw marks and that Emmett had probably been chewing on it (even more EWWW).
Now where is the rest of the deer and how did the leg get into my yard? Emmett has brought us a few birds and a rabbit (he's a Spaniel so that's expected of him), but I don't think he's capable of yanking the leg off a deer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I want a full investigation before you reopen the sandbox this summer!!!! LOL
oh my goodness......is he a three legged deer wabbling somewhere out there>
Seems there were deer parts strewn across the neighborhood. Our next door neighbors had "fur and hide"...
So I'm guessing 3 other houses were fortunate enough to find a leg...
Post a Comment