Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Sussex wins Best in Show at Westminster!!!

Stump, a 10 yr old Sussex Spaniel, won best in show at the Westminster Kennel Club show last night. 1st time for a Sussex, plus he's the oldest winner in history! Go Stump!

Our Emmett is a Sussex Spaniel. I'm pretty sure we met Stump at a Sussex get together many years ago. Little did we know we were in the presence of greatness!

I'm so excited about what this best in show win can do for this wonderful beautiful breed.

They aren't a very common dog in the US and are hard to come by. We fell in love with the beautiful face and eyes, the gorgeous liver colored coat, and the sorta lumbering way these long bodied but short legged dogs walk.

1 comment:

Katie said...

How cool! I didn't know that was the breed of dog you have. Stump is so cute, so imagine that Emmett must be even more adorable. Westminster, Shmestminster! ;)