Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bookend birthdays and cousins

Happy 1st Birthday to my grandniece Sophia and Happy 4th Birthday to my niece Cara!

Last week we attended Sophia's party on Sunday and Cara's on Saturday. What a way to bookend a week- with CAKE (I love cake, esp birthday cake!) and family (I love family, too).


Both parties involved driving for a while to get there, so I had time to think about stuff. This is a synopsis of some of those thoughts...

Our struggle with infertility was hard, but because of it our kids are close in age to all of their cousins.

Even though Danielle is 8 yrs younger than me, with the infertility that Angie (our oldest sister) and I struggled with, our kids aren't that far apart.






Kevin's niece had her children while she was young, add on our infertility, and our kids are really close in age.










It's nice that the kids are close in age and have playmates at family gatherings and hopefully friends for life.


If I could go back and do it all over, would I choose to struggle again- nope, while we were in the middle of it if you told me it would work out this way would I have been ok with still waiting- probably not, but since it is how things happened- it's good. He took what was happening and made good things out of it!


Sometimes things that are hard to endure, when you get to the other side, they work out ok.

3 comments:

Randy and Terry said...

Very wise thoughts, young lady. Isn't it amazing how smart we realize God is AFTER we go through our struggles??? :)Hugs to all.

jen @ one curly fry said...

I can't believe how fast all of the kids are growing up!!

Katie said...

I know you struggled to build your family, but your children are beautiful. You all look so content - may you always be so. :)