Megan's 1st Kindergarten progress report came home this week. I'm so proud of her, as she received satisfactory in all categories. There were only 2 options Satisfactory and Needs Improvement so as "ok, but not the greatest" as satisfactory sounds, it's the best!
She has received a star for good behavior each day of school so far and several little prizes from the treasure box. I'm proud of her, it's hard to be good every day! She is learning a lot and loves to sing all the songs (they sing about everything- even about being quiet. I was walking down the hall at work the other day humming one of her songs- Our hands are by our sides, we're standing straight and tall, we do not talk at all, we're ready for the hall. Catchy little tune and not a bad idea for the hospital corridor at midnight!)
Kellie is 15 months old and it's so fun to watch her grow and develop. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed that time with Megan. It's so amazing to watch Kellie explore her world and become a little person. She still needs me, but is pretty independent with some things.
She has suddenly started signing several words - help (which from her can also mean pick me up, give it to me, and some other things that I'm not quite sure about), bottle/drink, all done, out (her favorite is a funny combo of out and all done so she can get out of her highchair or stroller), more, dog, fish, baby, eat. It has helped reduce the squealing/screeching as we can sort of understand what she wants.
We've been working on signing, but not consistently- I forget to do it sometimes. We need to work on thank you, please, sorry, and more specific words for food and drink. With Meg we were much more consistent, the poor 2nd kid gets shorted again! But Kel has picked up on them pretty well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just love hearing about your family!! Thanks for allowing us to be part of it.
Post a Comment